I Said Yes to Jesus
Saying yes to following Jesus is a life-changing decision. Here are a few things to consider about the decision you just made.
What does God want?
The simple answer is you! He made all people in His image and wants a relationship with His creation.
“God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” Genesis 1:27
Sin separates us from God.
The Bible reminds us that all people sin. This keeps us from God.
- “For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.” Romans 3:23
- “It’s your sins that have separated you from God.” Isaiah 59:2
God offers forgiveness through Jesus.
Forgiveness of sin does not come cheap AND we cannot pay it. Church attendance, Bible reading, praying, etc., will not make you “right” with God. Only God can offer forgiveness for our sin through Jesus.
- “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” Romans 5:8
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23
Our role is to respond to God.
His offer is to all who accept it. We accept it by confessing our sin and saying yes to Jesus.
- “But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.” 1 John 1:9
- “If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9